CVS is Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome and it is plaguing people of all ages. There is normally a delay of a diagnosis and diagnosis only comes once everything else imaginable is ruled out. This condition is characterizes by recurrent, prolonged attacks of violent vomiting, severe nausea, and extreme abdominal and chest pain with no apparent cause. The attacks can happen several times a day, a month, or a year and are usually cyclical. Once they happen they can persist for months, years, or decades. Currently there is not a cure and people with this illness can be bedridden long enough where they are unable to keep a job or go to school.
Unfortunately, the public, most doctors, and ER employees are not aware of this illness and cannot help diagnose or treat CVS. CVS need a national day of observance for CVS to make the doctors and general public aware of this illness. The only way to make others understand our special circumstances and for doctors to help other patients with possible treatments are to make them aware. Knowledge is power. Please become educated yourself by going to the following websites and help have a day to teach others about our lives. Like the Facebook page, share the page, share the websites, and share this petition please. You never know who you could help next.
- thatgirlno-onereallyknew reblogged this from thequirkylesbian
- thequirkylesbian reblogged this from everythingitseems and added:
- katelynninja reblogged this from itwasinmyway and added:
- katelynninja likes this
- everythingitseems reblogged this from everythingitseems and added:
- itwasinmyway reblogged this from everythingitseems and added:
- everythingitseems posted this